DO'S AND DON'TS
- Don't apply product until after you've read MSDS. (Above)
- Don't apply product onto wet or damp aggregate or ground. Rule of thumb: Three days without rain.
- Don't allow product to touch skin.
- Don't breathe fumes.
- Don't over apply. Coat surface stones only. You can always apply more.
- Don't allow product to get on anything you don't want it on. Removing it is extremely difficult.
- Don't apply when rain is expected within six hours. Cure time will vary with the temperature and humidity.
- Read MSDS before applying. (Above)
- Test on small area before ordering large quantities.
- Wear gloves, long sleeved shirt, long pants.
- Wear safety goggles.
- If foaming occurs (ground too damp) crush foam – stop applying.
Note: Foaming may occur up to two hours after application. Be vigilant for “mushrooms” or bubbles – break them up with a broom, rake or other instrument.
- When applying with watering can (or a bucket with holes in bottom) make holes 1/8” in diameter or larger. Test. For large projects where pumps will be used consult Klingstone Paths, LLC 800-942-5151.
- If a clean edge is desired use a form on the sides of the path.
- Klingstone Paths is shipped world wide under USDOT Class 55 – Non-Hazardous.
- The warmer the product the less viscous (thinner) it will be – and vice versa. If Klingstone Paths product is too cold it will be too thick to dispense. (Warm up) Ideally product should be 70° or warmer. Okay up to
- The product does not waterproof stones. It allows percolation.
- For very small applications use plastic catsup bottle to dispense. This is also a good method for applying to edges - where neatness counts.
- Klingstone Paths may be re-applied. Liquid Klingstone Paths adheres tenaciously to cured Klingstone Paths.
- Klingstone Paths is a permanent application. Once in place it will be there for decades unless physically removed.
- If it must be removed, break up and discard. The cured product is inert and non-hazardous.
Depending on the aggregate (stones) used Klingstone Paths may be SLIPPERY WHEN WET! If so, re-apply thin coat of Klingstone Paths and broadcast sand on top before it dries. The sand should make a non-skid surface. Test!